In 2012 Advanced Transmission started their "Cars for Christmas" program. The management and staff at Advanced Transmission feel it is a way of giving back to the community for the success of their business throughout the year. Starting in November applicants are encouraged to nominate someone (no self-nominations allowed) whom they feel has a need for a car. The applications are open to Baldwin County residents only. Once all applications are in the applications are given to a panel of three impartial judges (customers of Advanced Transmission) who go through the applications and pick the winners to receive the vehicles for the give-a-way. See complete details under Rules.
Between November 08, 2021 and December 17, 2021, qualified participants ("Nominator") are encouraged to submit a brief written essay explaining why someone ("Nominee") deserves a car. Essays should be no more than 500 words. You can nominate friends, neighbors or anyone else you know who you think deserves a car and would be in need of a used vehicle in good condition. Self-nominations are unacceptable.
This contest is open to residents of Baldwin County Alabama only. The winning nominees will be chosen by a panel of judges after the closing date. The winning person(s) will receive the car(s) on approximately December 22, 2021.
Enter to win the Car for Christmas Giveaway contest ("Contest") sponsored by Advanced Transmission, Inc. ("ATI"). ATI will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each Nominator and Nominee agrees as follows:
Description of Contest/Participation
- No Purchase Necessary
- Void where prohibited
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
- Contest will begin on November 08, 2021 and end on December 17, 2021.
- "ATI" will give away at least two (2) vehicles in "as is" condition as follows but not limited to: TBD, to deserving Nominee(s) in association with the Contest.
- Nominator(s) must submit a written essay and describe in 500 words or less why the Nominee is deserving of one of the "as is" used giveaway cars.
- All submissions must be received no later than 5:00 pm on December 17, 2021.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Each Nominator must include their full name, address, phone number and email address and also complete information for the Nominee.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of judges selected by "ATI".
- The Nominee will be chosen and the winner will be notified by telephone in advance.
- The prize will be delivered to the winner at ATI on December 22, 2021.
- Media representatives may be invited to attend the award ceremony.
How to Participate:
Participants must submit their essay one of three ways listed below:
Online at Car's for Christmas
By Mail to: Advanced Transmission Inc.
c/o Cars for Christmas Contest
10670 US Hwy 31
Spanish Fort, AL 36527
Hand deliver to ATI: (see address above)
- The prize(s) awarded to the eligible winner(s) are, but not limited to an "As Is"” used: TBD, the value of which will be determined as fair market value at the time the prize is awarded.
- Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize.
- If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, ATI reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award the prize, in its sole discretion.
Eligibility and Limitations
- Participants: Nominator(s) and Nominee(s) must be a U.S. resident at least 19 years of age as determined by ATI and reside in the county of Baldwin, Alabama.
- Ability to obtain a minimum of liability, vehicle insurance. If necessary ATI will allow winner 30 days to obtain liability insurance (required) prior to selecting an alternative winner. However, vehicle will not be released to winners without proof of insurance.
- Valid Driver’s License with Baldwin County address. If said license does not show proof of Baldwin County address, an alternative proof of address will be required, i.e., utility bill, phone bill, etc.
- ATI reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor.
- Only one entry per nominee. Multiple entries for the same nominee will not be accepted.
- Only one prize per household for the Contest.
- Employees or former Employees of ATI and members of their immediate family of any such persons, are not eligible to participate and win. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws," or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- Use of Personal Information.
- By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and the winner grant ATI exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, rights, or remuneration for such use.
- Participants and winners agree that ATI may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
Release, Waiver and Indemnification
- By participating in the Contest, each Nominee and Nominator waives any and all claims of liability against ATI, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize.
- In order to receive a prize, Nominee and Nominator must sign an official Acknowledgment, Waiver, Indemnification and Release of Claims form provided by ATI, provide minimum vehicle liability insurance for the prize as required in said form, and valid Driver’s License with Baldwin County address. If said license does not show proof of Baldwin County address, an alternative proof of address will be required, i.e., utility bill, phone bill, etc.
- Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to ATI, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner(s) may be reported for tax purposes as required by law.
- Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize and paying any expenses associated with any prize which is not specifically provided for in the official rules.
- Winner(s) must provide ATI with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded.
- Any person winning over $600 in prizes from ATI will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Winner(s) are required to fill out a W-9 which will require Social Security Number.
Conduct and Decisions
- By participating in the Contest, Nominee and Nominator agree to be bound by the decisions of ATI personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified.
- Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. ATI will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and ATI’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of ATI, ATI reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as ATI deems appropriate.
- All decisions will be made by ATI and are final
- ATI may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by a contestant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt or damage ordinary and normal operation of this contest or websites, or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, ATI reserves the right to seek damages from any such nominee or nominator to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign ATI's release form to claim the prize.
- ATI may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time.
- All decisions will be made by ATI and are final
- ATI disclaims any responsibility to notify Nominator or Nominee of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest.
- All entries become the property of ATI and will not be returned.
Compliance with Law
- The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable federal, state and local laws, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary.